My sister offered to buy two more drinks so that all the children would have their own; however, the Mother refused and said in a harsh tone, "No thank you, they can share"!
Well I got a call shortly after that and when I answered the phone, I don't think I was able so say too much after "Hello". She was so appalled and angry, and all she could think about was, "Why would you buy your children designer clothes and shoes, if you are not able to afford a drink at a fast food restaurant for all of them"? "Good question", I responded. "I'm not sure why or the reason behind it either"!
Could it be, Mothers in this society do not have their priorities in order? Not really~it's a choice! Our priority should be Christ first, family second, and things last. Whereas, some Mothers, not all (because there are many good Mothers in our society), things are first on the priority list! If you want a return on your investment, sincerely seek Christ first on the your list of priorities!
So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:31-34 NIV
No comments:
Post a Comment