Monday, November 10, 2014

It's All Good!

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures


Amazing Grace! It’s not only a classic spiritual hymn, but truly read the words of this hymn and meditate on its meaning! It’s not easy being unemployed, chronically ill, abused, homeless, and divorced, just to name a few; and I know I have not listed quite a bit of holes or valleys we get into and feel as if we are not going to get out. But think again. Who created all things, including you? Since he created you, don’t you believe he has a way out?


I know when we are in the valley; we continue to follow the path of defeated, broken and downtrodden. Oooooh! I don’t like downtrodden because that means we are given people power instead of trusting God; who is All powerful! So what to do now? Lean entirely on Him who created you and watch how you come up from that pit of defeat!

It’s a path many of us fear, but fear in itself is destructive. In John 16:33, Jesus says, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

I am a believer and with Christ in me, I am happy to say, life is good, my family is good (Including our brothers and sisters in Christ), and when we seek good, we receive good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!