Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Another TKO

What does it take to be a winner?  Could it be perseverance, determination, hard work, integrity, or perhaps a winning attitude? I’m actually asking you! What drives you to be a winner? Could it be passion, you have something to prove, or enjoy the challenge?

I know from being an athlete, I did not like to lose; however, we all lose at something.  I recall getting out there in practice determined it will not happen again. Or I would get a “C” on a paper that I knew deserved an “A” in my mind. So instead of getting upset and just not trying, I would ask the teacher what I did wrong. Once he/she explained to me why I got that “C”, I swallowed my pride and used that information to improve each time we had a writing assignment~ until I received that “A”!  And it didn’t stop with just that one!

We as a people (in general) want the “A”; however, we don’t do “A” work! We throw a bone at you and feel it’s enough!  What it takes to be a winner is “discipline”, first, and second “dedication”! Start there, and all else will eventually follow, and then you will be deserving of an “A”!

I do not own the rights to this photo!


 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. I Corinthians 9:24-27 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are You Serving At Your House?

We are still  talking about racism, but NO ONE is talking about the TRUE “thing” or who is behind it all. The truth is, ALL of this separati...