Sunday, December 14, 2014

Who's Calling My Name?

Have you ever been somewhere and thought you heard someone call your name? I have; and I turn around and there’s no one. Then I go somewhere else and I’m sure someone is calling my name. So I turn around again and don’t see anyone, nor does anyone come toward me as if they know me. All day long I kept hearing my name being called and all day long I did not see anyone that looked familiar or identified themselves.

About the tenth time, I’m getting agitated. I can feel my anxiety rise; however, I know that I cannot react out of speculation, so I keep my composure and decide it’s time to get away from that area.

By the time I get home, I go over in my mind of how I heard my name being called all day long and yet there is no one that comes forward or says, “Hey Gwen, it’s me!”  I know I heard my name loud and clear because not many people have the name “Gwen”.

That is how God feels every time we use Oh My God (OMG) or Lord. I’m sure He has answered us many times, just to find out, it’s a false alarm too numerous to count.  

The Word says, “You shall not use or repeat the name of the Lord your God in vain [that is, lightly or frivolously, in false affirmations or profanely]; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. Exodus 20:7 AMP



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are You Serving At Your House?

We are still  talking about racism, but NO ONE is talking about the TRUE “thing” or who is behind it all. The truth is, ALL of this separati...