Saturday, December 6, 2014

Opposites Attract

This is so important and necessary, so necessary that I’m going to emphasize relationships again; this time more direct!

In an intimate relationship we enter into; our concept is to change the other person to be like us or to our liking.  We don’t like the way they dress, we don’t like the way they eat, we don’t like the way they throw their clothes in the floor, or we are serious and they like to tease and laugh!

When you try to put magnets together that are alike, you can force it all you want and they will not come together; however, if you put magnets together that are opposite, they connect instantly!

I do not own the rights to this photo 

I have also attempted to change someone before God made me realize I had faults too. When we focus on someone else’s faults, it takes the attention off of ourselves ~ or so we think. I know when I am around someone who is constantly degrading someone else; my attention is actually on the person who is pointing the finger more than on the person who the finger is being pointed at.

Rewind the tape! So when did you become perfect? I only know of one perfect being; which is Jesus Christ - - - - - and He surely didn’t go around condemning anyone by saying, “You need to change how you dress; or you need to change your hair cut”. He saw the good in them, showed them compassion; and loved them.
I do not own the rights to this photo 



Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. I Corinthians 13:4-5 TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!