Friday, January 30, 2015

Today's order is "Thrills of Challenge"

“Menu for Success” ~ Sandwich - Thrills of Challenge

I enjoy a good challenge. Especially when it’s something, I have no knowledge of or unfamiliar with the thing or concept.



Many of us have had many, many, many challenges in life that are not thrilling. With all sincerity, they can become stumbling blocks; if we don’t lose heart and give up! For example: I signed up years ago to tutor adults who are illiterate. (I never did get to tutor anyone; whereas, the student I was assigned to tutor could not meet at the scheduled times due to her work schedule; whereas, I started back to school to complete my Associate’s Degree).


I was wondering why we had to go through training, and after doing so, I found out that many of the persons wanting to learn how to read hid their illiteracy all their life. And now their dream of learning to read was approaching; many, not all, became fearful of losing others respect.

So how do you gain the trust of someone who already has a low self-esteem of themselves; when it comes to reading? They don’t know you; and the courage it took for them to reach that point was a challenge.


It starts with prayer, humility and faith in God to show love and understanding, so they too, can prosper!


And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands. When the Philistine came forward to meet David, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine. David put his hand into his bag and took out a stone and slung it, and it struck the Philistine, sinking into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and struck down the Philistine and slew him. But no sword was in David’s hand. I Samuel 17: 47-50 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are You Serving At Your House?

We are still  talking about racism, but NO ONE is talking about the TRUE “thing” or who is behind it all. The truth is, ALL of this separati...