Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dating 101- Week 1

I did a term paper, not a research paper, on “Why Americans have the highest divorce rate compared to other countries”. I chose two countries, Japan and India, and browsed a few others just to see if there was a parallel or contrast between them. 


I know the term paper was on divorce; however, I got distracted while gathering information. It amazed me how the majority of foreign countries do not know the definition of the word “date”. In Japan, their definition of a date is all of the teenagers go out in supervised groups and enjoy each others’ company. The boys sit together and the girls sit together.



What amazed me with this social event was the respect they have for each other. There was no animosity or jealousy among them; and for most of the group event, laughter prevailed.

For the month of February, I would like to have a survey of my own on dating. 

Each week I will ask a simple question. You will have a choice of four answers to choose from. Please choose only one answer in your comments.

 What is your definition of a date? Is it:

a)     Getting together to have sex
b)     Cruising the Strip
c)     Going out to a nice restaurant and the movies afterwards
d)     Holding hands while walking in the park

If you comment, please respond appropriately (no profanity).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!