Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Show and Tell!

I was out shopping at a consignment shop, about 2 weeks before Christmas with my granddaughter.  An employee approached me and asked me if I would purchase a pair of glasses for him. He went on to tell me that they are not allowed to purchase any item at the store or he would lose his job. I was not ready to leave and still had some shopping to do; however, I would do it since he was leaving at 1 pm


I went to purchase the item; with a cart full of other things and the cashier said, “Are you ready to check out with the other items?” I said, “I am not done shopping.” She had a puzzled look on her face and when I went to take the item to the young man, he told me I had to give it to him outside and away from the store.



By then I was getting frustrated. I took my granddaughter out the door and away from the store to hand this young man the $1 pair of glasses. I proceeded to shop and truly did not shop well after that, so I checked out with what I had and left. After we got in the car, my granddaughter said, “Mimi, I know you are going to be mad at me, but look what I have.” She had taken a bow off the door they had decorated it with. I was not furious, but wanted her to know that it was not right to take anything that is not yours. So I made her go back into the store and apologize.


As soon as we got to my daughter’s house, I immediately felt conviction.  I apologized to my granddaughter and told her what I did and that it was a very bad thing to do, knowing that as a Christian, we are to live a righteous life. I went back to the store and told the manager what I did and felt that I should be evicted from the store. I confessed my wrong. She said that I didn’t know and I said, but I still had a part in doing wrong regardless of what he did. Me, as a Christian, should have immediately reprimanded this young man and walked away; however, I didn’t.  I could not live with myself and even told them what I had purchased for him ~ $1 or a million dollars is still a big deal and I treated it as such.

The store manager said I would not be evicted from the store; but she asked me to make a promise that I would never do that in her store again or anyone else’s. I looked her in the eye and said, “I promise, I will never do that in your store or anyone else’s.  I need to be mindful of my morals and values before I correct anyone about theirs.

Treasures of wickedness profit nothing, but righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation) delivers from death. Proverbs 10:2 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are You Serving At Your House?

We are still  talking about racism, but NO ONE is talking about the TRUE “thing” or who is behind it all. The truth is, ALL of this separati...