Well an hour had passed, so I decided to walk the two and a half miles ----maybe more ----- with my bag loaded down with two bibles, a folder full of paper, a bottle of water, a library book, and my computer.
I laughed to myself and immediately turned around, crossed the highway, and went back the 200 feet to the condo. Go ahead and laugh ~ it's funny! If you could of seen me, I looked like a comedy show!
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)
Any load we carry will weigh us down if we are not careful ~ and some even throb! The load of wealth (and yes that is a load to bear; because with it comes responsibilities we were not aware of), or the loss of a job, when you are the only one in the household working. Whatever, the load is, Jesus said, "the burden I give you is light". Lean on Him to carry the load ~ we can't do it alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment