Thursday, October 9, 2014

Just Enough!

I had a severe allergic reaction to something about three months ago, (not sure what) and two of the three medicines I was taking required me to “take with food”. Well before that happened, I was maintaining a healthy weight of around 145 lbs to 149 lbs.

I started to get “cocky”, and began eating what I wanted and how I wanted because, at first, I was not gaining weight. Well, that did not last long at all. The weight started to come faster than I wanted. After three weeks, I gained 5 lbs; then the next week I gained an additional three more pounds. - - within three weeks, I had gained 15 lbs. ~ 19 lbs total!  Whew Wee! So I asked God, why is it we gain weight fast, however, when we do decide to lose it, the process is slow and most of the time, we have to adjust our exercise and eating to continue losing - - and it takes longer than two months.

Do any of you remember the movie “Matilda”? If so, recall the scene where Miss Trunchbull leaves the house and Miss Honey and Matilda enter. Miss Honey quickly notices the box of chocolates that she would share with her Father. She said, “After dinner, Matilda, my Father would take out a piece and cut it in half and he would take one half and I would take the other”!

I have always wondered why would anyone take a half of piece of chocolate and be satisfied. And then I had a revelation from God. It was just enough, after a good meal, to satisfy their craving for something sweet. And that is what God is telling me and you, that we tend to over eat and eventually we are going to reap what we sow ~ being two sizes too big! So the next time you bake a pie, or casserole, or whatever it is you cook ~~ remember to eat just enough to satisfy your hunger and replenish the body!


I CHARGE you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by (in the light of) His coming and His kingdom:  Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency (stand by, be at hand and ready), whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. (Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.) And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching. II Timothy 4:1, 2 (Amplified Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are You Serving At Your House?

We are still  talking about racism, but NO ONE is talking about the TRUE “thing” or who is behind it all. The truth is, ALL of this separati...