Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I Have Good News!

This morning my daughter greeted me with, “Mom, I have bad news”! I was very calm and said, “What is it”? She said, her Mother-in-law said, “If you are going to continue to stay here, she would like you to pay rent”. I said, “Ok, that is more than fair, and that is not bad news! To be honest, I should be helping out anyway”.

I commented, “I hope she realizes I am not working, but I am looking for work and I do want to make sure I am paying the rent they request”. Then I said, “My son-in-law will need to be looking for something better also. She quickly interrupted me and said, “Mom, I just heard from God, that he is their son and because he is their son, they do not mind carrying his weight for rent, but you are not. Grant it, they are being nice because you are my Mother”.

One, before God has been doing a new thing in me (changing me from Glory to Glory), I would have made up every excuse there was to defend myself; and I would have reacted out of anger instead of love! Two, out of anger, I would have done something irrational and caused harm to come to my way - - just by being in disagreement! So God was convicting me anyway, before we had this conversation as well as building character in me to come up higher, be better, and truly act in love!

I was substituting teaching and chose not to go back. I have been with my daughter and son-in-law since July; which started out as staying here for a week to water the plants and get out of the transitional home I was staying in for a week; ended up a longer stay than I had anticipated; along with being unemployed. In addition, I came to their place with a severe allergic reaction to something in the transistional home that caused my face, arms and hands to be swollen beyond recognition. Yes, it took a while to heal, and there were two times, the facial swelling came back; whereas, the medications had to be filled twice. But, that is not a crutch I need to lean on to get better and be better.

How many of us sincerely want a close relationship with Jesus Christ, but are not willing to deny ourselves and pick up our cross! I know it’s taken me awhile, and I know there is still work to be done in me; but as the saying goes, “I’m not where I want to be, but Thank God, I’m not where I used to be!
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:1-3 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are You Serving At Your House?

We are still  talking about racism, but NO ONE is talking about the TRUE “thing” or who is behind it all. The truth is, ALL of this separati...