Monday, October 27, 2014

It's Not Old School!

Morals (n) - a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.
Values (n) - a person's principles or standards of behavior; one's judgment of what is important in life.

I overheard this conversation five years ago:

Woman 1:  “Hey girl, how are you doing?
Woman 2:  “Hey - - I’m fine girl! I haven’t seen you in years. How many children do you have now”?
Woman 1:  “I have four!
Woman 2:  “All by the same man?
Woman 1: “Girl no! I ain’t that crazy yet”!
Woman 2:  (laughs) “Well it was good talking to you”!
Woman 1:  “You too! I’ll holler at ya later!
Woman 2:  “Alright”! “You take care”!

My first reaction was, “Oh Wow”! What does she mean by, “I ain’t that crazy yet”! I pondered on this for a long time after I heard it and I'm still bothered by it today.

Morals and values do not change and God does not change; yet our worldly behavior is forever changing in a way that continues to reap below average results!

When we choose better, we have better and that’s first seeking Christ Jesus! Many of us women do not seek Him, but seek companions that are themselves lost, and we are breeding a lost generation, that has taken a detour and somehow are not sure how to get back on the righteous path. And notice I said lost; however, they can be found with knowledge of who they are and whose they are ~ which is a child of the Most High! 


We still have the belief that we can do it alone. We are not meant to be alone! The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” Genesis 2:18 NIV

If you have been married, like I have, heal first spiritually, mentally, and physically, so that when God gives you a second chance, you are able to reap the reward!


"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'  and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?  So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matthew 19:4-6 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!