Thursday, November 19, 2015

God Will Catch You!

I am sitting here at Burger King and over heard an elderly man talk to a friend about a bad fall he had a couple of days ago. He described it in detail and obviously fell hard enough to fall on his face, cut his nose, and give him a black eye. He laughed a bit as he said, “I had someone come up to help me up and I said first say a prayer for me”! He knows who is able to help and heal; however, he counteracted with, “Boy, God must be mad at me to allow a fall like that”!

I do not own the rights to this photo 

I wanted to turn around and say, “Sir, God does not inflict pain on us, nor is He mad at you”! (In a loving way though) I know he is a Christian because he asked for prayer, however, I also know he is not reading the Word. God does not harm us! He will allow suffering to build character in us, but to inflict pain is not who God is!
I do not own the rights to this photo 



It is imperative to our spiritual growth to read the Word and know who God is! How will you know when the truth is being taught or not?So many trust our pastor's preaching and teaching; and we should, if he/she is preaching the Word. However, if you are ignorant to it, you will receive false teaching. The bible is God-breathed so pick it up and read it. If you don’t know where to begin, ask God, He will tell you! Once you do, you will begin to see and feel a change in you that will surpass your understanding ~ and know the "Truth"!


Nevertheless, 
in your great mercies you did not make an end of them or forsake them, for you are a gracious and merciful God. (Nehemiah 9:31 ESV)

The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation.” (Exodus 34:6-7 ESV)

But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15 ESV)

Return to the LORD“Yet even now,” declares the LORD,
“return to me with all your heart,with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; and rend your hearts and not your garments.”
Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love; and he relents over disaster. (Joel 2:12-13 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are You Serving At Your House?

We are still  talking about racism, but NO ONE is talking about the TRUE “thing” or who is behind it all. The truth is, ALL of this separati...