Monday, November 30, 2015

Should I?

I challenge every married couple to put your spouse on your back and carry them around all day everywhere you go. I already know the responses I am receiving right now from anyone reading this. The most popular one will be, “There is no way I can carry my spouse around on my back for a second, less known all day”!




“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest (renewal, blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.”  Mathew 11:28-30 AMP

Exactly my point! If your wife or husband is a manager or holds an executive position, it is taxing to them to have a wife or husband calling with decisions he/she is capable of making. Such as, “Do you want me to wash the clothes”; or "Green Grass Lawn Service is here to cut grass today, is that alright”? If you know your grass has not been cut for a week and the mowing company comes on a Monday instead of a Tuesday, it’s not a deal breaker. The contract is once a week or as needed. 

Wash the clothes, take the chicken out for dinner if your spouse forgot, or buy the milk if you are out. Make a decision without doubt or worry it is the wrong thing to do!



There will be many times it will require the two of you to be involved in the decision making, but menial things around the house will just take your initiative to do it. After a while, the one carrying the weight of the marriage will soon fall beneath it if you are not willing to share the load he/she is bearing!


Leaving there, He went into their synagogue. A man was there whose hand was withered. And they asked Jesus, “Is it lawful and permissible to heal on the Sabbath?”—they asked this so that they might accuse Him and bring charges into court. But He said to them, “What man is there among you who, if he has only one sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not take hold of it and lift it out?  Matthew 12:9-11 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!