Monday, November 16, 2015

Heir ~ Born!

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed”. John 8:36 KJV



I know that I have heard that scripture many times and did not understand what it meant. In my mind I would say things like, “I’m already free”, or “I’m not held down from doing anything I want to do”. That’s not what this scripture means. Until I got in the Word and established a close relationship with Jesus, I did not realize “one thing” out of balance in my life does hold me down from receiving God's best!

Anger is bondage, comparing yourself to others is bondage, gossip is bondage, holding a grudge is bondage, sickness in your body is bondage, jealousy is bondage, an inferiority complex is bondage, lack of anything (wisdom, clothing, car, house, etc.); and of course we are all familiar with addictions of any kind, worry, and fear.



Let me give you an example: Women are constantly comparing and competing amongst ourselves. We purchase clothes we think no other woman has, to stand out. Or we long for what another woman/man has and develop the spirit of covetousness! You want what you don’t have. Some women/men stoop as low as murder to get something that is only temporary satisfaction, that when the damage is done, the punishment is eternal!

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. Mark 7:21-23 KJV

To be able to compliment another woman of her clothing, nice hair cut, new car, etc. with sincerity in your heart~ is freeing! God has given all Christians the spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (The Fruit of the Spirit [Galatians 5:22]) within so you are able to shine externally!



You can only extend so far when you are shackled or in bondage. Why? Because bondage has limits, freedom in Jesus does not!

“Tell us who you are,” they demanded.
He replied, “I am the one I have always claimed to be. I could condemn you for much and teach you much, but I won’t, for I say only what I am told to by the one who sent me; and he is Truth.” But they still didn’t understand that he was talking to them about God.
So Jesus said, “When you have killed the Messiah, then you will realize that I am he and that I have not been telling you my own ideas, but have spoken what the Father taught me. And he who sent me is with me—he has not deserted me—for I always do those things that are pleasing to him.”
Then many of the Jewish leaders who heard him say these things began believing him to be the Messiah.
Jesus said to them, “You are truly my disciples if you live as I tell you to, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
“But we are descendants of Abraham,” they said, “and have never been slaves to any man on earth! What do you mean, ‘set free’?”
Jesus replied, “You are slaves of sin, every one of you. And slaves don’t have rights, but the Son has every right there is! So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free— John 8:25-36 TLB





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!