Thursday, February 4, 2016

NO YOU DID NOT!

“Wow”, I wish my husband was here to hear this sermon”! I’m smiling very big now because I have said this about family members too, whom I felt needed to make a change in their life; not knowing the sermon was for me! Only God has the power and ability to change someone; yet we still continue to point the finger not realizing that when we point one finger ten are pointing back at us!

I do not own the rights to this photo!

“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 4 How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? (Matthew 7:3-4 NLT)

When we don’t see our own faults; we are in denial! None of us enjoy hearing about the things wrong with us or things that need to be removed out of our lives!

He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. (John15:2 NIV)


So how many of you are saying, “What in the world is she talking about”? Are you sure you want to know? Because if I tell you and you get offended, guess what; you are in denial of the things that need to be removed from your life! Anyway, I’m going to proceed with our many faults!

You have a bad memory! If that person would quit bothering you, you would get your work done! Quit washing your hands in the kitchen sink; and then you do it! Expecting more out your spouse to do around the house and you sit back and dictate as if you do not live there or make messes yourself! Viewing others who are in a bad mood as being rude; yet you wake up and go to bed moody!  Or self-loathing – I’m fat, I have thin hair, my teeth are crooked, I don’t like her because she is not nice to me! In all actuality, you are blessed beyond measure! – This is the last example that many people don’t see themselves do, but we all have done it some time or another! Swearing at someone driving who cuts in front of you and just a few minutes back you did the same thing and said in a sarcastic way, “Sorry” and kept going!

Don't view the above as insignificant; whereas, they are a hindrance to your growth! It's the little things that add up and eventually become a huge stumbling block to producing good things!

5 “The little foxes are ruining the vineyards. Catch them, for the grapes are all in blossom. (Song of Solomon 2:15 TLB)


As a Christian, you are to be a light among dark places. So if you see someone cutting in front of you on the highway, slow down and let them in. In about a few short miles you realize you almost passed your exit and quickly swerve in front of someone so you can get to your destination – believe it or not, they slowed down so you can get in and did not become angry! If you truly think about it, your actions could have been fatal to many people; but because someone showed you kindness by their actions, it kept the “peace”!

Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. (Ecclesiastes 7:9 NIV)

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation."Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me. (Philippians 2:12-18 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Yahweh Under Trials

  James 1:12 Ethiopian Bible   12  Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, whi...