Monday, April 6, 2015

Victory in Christ!

Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,
But a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25 NKJV


I heard this today while casually listening to a minister on television and immediately I looked up when the minister spoke this scripture in his benediction! I said to myself “WOW’! Because just before he said that, I felt myself becoming anxious! God knows just the right time to give us the words we need to hear!

Worry, worry, worry, is all we do. We worry about our children’s safety, we worry about bills being paid, we worry about what others think about us, we worry about not having a job, we worry if we will offend anyone, we worry if the food we just cooked taste okay, and on and on and on! With all that worry, no wonder we have anxiety ~ and I only named a few!


Well I am a “first hand witness” that worrying does not give you victory! It does the opposite ~ some of us are stress eaters, so we gain weight and become more depressed, some of us call everybody we can think of to “load our burdens on”, and some of us disengage ourselves from others. Personally, I would have a pity party! Whatever your handicap is with worrying, it's just that~ a handicap that is not life threatening!

This picture shows how a person's face swells with the sun allergy. My eyes would swell shut and my cheeks were twice as swollen as hers ~ just to give you an image of my allergy!


I suffered a sun allergy for 18 years. I had to wear long sleeves year round, a hat and carry an umbrella. I had to travel and walk when the sun was going down or before it came up; and when I went to work, I could not sit by a window or go outside on sun shiny days! No it was not easy and there were times, I felt depressed ~ WAIT~ many times! But by studying God’s word and daily reading it, with my hands and face swollen beyond recognition on occasion, I did not give up on God, because He did not give up on me! 

I am happy to say August 30, 2013; God healed me of the sun allergy! *I still have to be careful around excessive sun exposure (like being on a boat or in a pool), excessive dust, paper particles, and chemicals like bleach*


The only thing that has sustained me through my long suffering has been the Word! You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again. Psalm 71:20-21 KJV

When I feel anxious, I usually get out and take a long walk until it subsides! Do something you enjoy to get your mind off of you and off your worries. It also helps to go and do something good for a stranger ~ it is truly liberating and after it's all said and done, you truly forget what it was you were worrying about! I have had to lean on family and friends for a place to live and money. However, if it wasn't for them, I would be on the streets. So I tell myself ~ Thank God I have family members that are able to provide food and shelter for me. I know God sees their good deeds and will bless them accordingly! 

I pray many of you are being encouraged by this blog; because I write them just as much for myself as I do for all of God’s children. I too, go through trials and tribulations like anyone else. And God’s word says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. II Corinthians 12:9 NIV


Ever battle I have faced has made me stronger in character, knowledgeable of the word, and establish my own relationship with God!

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!