Saturday, October 31, 2015

Patience is a Virtue!

Life is not that hard because you did not get a lamp the day you wanted to get it, or get your hair and nails done when the budget says, “No”; but the ego says, “I want it!” Which one is more important?

God has told me in my heart, years ago, I was arrogant. I didn’t want to listen to advice, and I did what I wanted to do. I would get something in my head; and knowing the money wasn’t really there to purchase it, I would do it anyway (knowing I only had to wait maybe a month or two to get it)! A month or two is not that long, nor is 18 years if it’s not in God’s plan for me to have it. God has done a change in me over the years; and until I removed me out of the way, I was able to receive and accept the change! And what I mean by removing me out of the way is, stop being self centered, selfish, and “it’s all about me” attitude! Get over it and find someone to bless!

I can say, it did not take me long to understand it, when my checking account was continually overdrawn. Now, with God’s help, I have made some adjustments. I first pray about it, and then wait until God tells me the timing is right to have what it is I am wanting such as; an ongoing appointment at the hair salon, or lamps. I know numerous places you can get quality furniture at a very reasonable price – consignment shops, yard sales, and used furniture stores! Some of it will require some tweaking; however, you still come out better than buying new – and as mentioned above, 95% of it is of good quality! One other thing you probably didn’t think about either ~ you are recycling!



What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:2-3 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Dim the Light!